February 13, 2022 - Shilling Freely

I'll be honest. I have no problem shilling for a company that deserves it. I've shilled for Shutterfly. I'll shill for Firefly's barbecue until I die or they go out of business, whichever comes first. I figure I should promote companies that do well by me in addition to calling out those who have not lived up to my own customer service expectations (e.g., Ticketmaster and American Airlines). 

I'm here today to praise the app GetUpside. It's pretty simple. Download the app, buy gas or food at participating locations, and get money off per gallon or a percentage back on food purchases. I've been using the app for about two months. The savings haven't been earth-shattering, but between getting gas every week or two (I found one gas station that's pretty much on my way home from work and on the way home from Horatio's swimming lessons) and a bakery/sandwich shop we go to every week or two, I've earned about twenty dollars back. I can get cash back or put it toward any number of gift cards (I'm using that phrase "any number of" to indicate a good variety of something, not to indicate that I get to choose the number; it's more descriptive usage than prescriptive, a change for me that folks probably shouldn't get used to). 

I'll be honest. I have no idea how long this will last. For all I know, the list of
participating locations will change tomorrow or the percentages will drop precipitously. I know the sandwich shop we go to only allows a certain number of people to use the app per month. But for now, it seems to be working well enough to keep going. If you think you might benefit, give it a shot. Especially if you like Burger King; they seem to be giving back over 30% per purchase - too bad I gave up fast food. And if you use this link
https://upside.app.link/44R4M - we can both save even more. No, don't thank me. It's my civic duty to help.

And here's a picture of Horatio showing his love of letters:


No comments:

Post a Comment